Designing and Drafting
There are many different ways to communicate your ideas, wishes and dreams of your perfect log, post & beam or timber frame home.
You may have drawn a sketch showing the rough layout of the rooms with dimensions and/or square footage planned. Maybe you found a “starter plan” from a log magazine, or our web site and want to add your personal touches to create a home that is truly yours.
We offer a design questionnaire to focus on your needs and wants, to help create a preliminary vision of your future home layout. It doesn’t matter how you came up with your ideas, or how you present them. We will take your dreams and ideas and turn it into reality.
Our Set of Plans
- Four Elevations
- Foundation Plan
- First Floor Plan
- Second Floor Plan (If applicable)
- First & Second Floor Framing Plans
- Roof Plan
- Electrical Plans for all floors
- Customized Construction Details
- Two Full Sections through the home as well as log builder sections for each log wall / roof beam
- Window & Door Schedules
- Two Isometric Views of the Log Shell
- General Construction Notes
Study Set of Plans
- Four coloured renderings of the home
- Minimum two elevations with dimensions
- Floor Plans with dimensions
- The following permission: The purchased study set of plans will be emailed to you as PDF documents. You are permitted to print a to-scale set of plans onto 2’x3′ paper (at your local printer), and/or to print them onto letter-size paper.
Please Note: The study set of plans is meant to be a working tool for future home owners to mark up with ideas and changes to discuss with R.C.M. Cad Design. The sale of the study set of plans does not include any right or permission to use the study set of plans for drafting plans, nor for construction, nor for resale. All plans are protected under copyright.